Friday, May 22, 2015

Goodbye Birmingham

June: Week 1
Michael headed off to Savannah to start his job, Kai went to VBS (KidLife) at Dawson, I broke all the rules about what I was and wan't supposed to be doing two weeks post c-section. We visited with friends and had Tate's 2 1/2 week follow up visit with the pediatrician. Nonie and Nanna helped me look like a rock star mom. =) Michael came home for the weekend!

2 1/2 weeks old

An excellent sleeper like his big brother

Big girl with her purse and puppy

June: Week 2
We all went to Savannah to begin exploring our new home town and try to find a place to live. Michael worked while I kept the kids alive in the hotel. I still cannot believe we did this. Then when he got off each day we would go driving around. Tate was obviously not sleeping thru the night yet and I felt like a zombie. The kids watched a lot of Nick Jr to pass the time. But we were successful and signed a lease on our new apartment that week just before we all headed back to Birmingham for the weekend.

One afternoon they all three took a nap!

Tate did most of his snoozing during the day that week

June: Week 3
Michael was back to work in Savannah. Kai had swim lessons each afternoon this week and also had his 6 year old check up with our pediatrician who we will miss terribly! We had a quick little play date at the park with some friends to say goodbye. Michael did not come home this weekend and it was a long two weeks apart! I started the tedious and never ending task of packing up our stuff.

Keeping entertained during swimming lessons

Not interested in swimming lessons at all

Waiting to see the doctor. Penelope had to have baby in tow like mommy.

Good nap in the MamaRoo

Catching lightning bugs

One month old in his crib

A pic of all three for daddy who was missing them

June: Week 4
The packing continues slowly. Kai and I went to a friend's pool birthday party. He had his second week of swim lessons and finally figured out how to hold his breath and swim! This was a long time coming and a great accomplishment. More play dates and saying goodbye to dear friends. My 6 week follow up with my doctor (who I will also miss terribly!) More packing and packing, and selling a few things we didn't need. Then Michael was home for the weekend, yay! A few more boxes packed but not near the dent we thought we were making at the time.

My college roommate came by with her family as they were traveling thru Birmingham on vacation

Summer fun with friends (Kai hiding from the camera)

Meeting Great Grandmom and oh so sleepy

A Saturday snooze

July: Week 1 (Last week in Birmingham)
We said more goodbyes and did a little more packing. Michael was able to come home on Thursday and then we spent all day Friday packing. We got the big truck on Saturday and began the task of packing our whole lives into it. There seemed to be no end to our stuff. We were so worn out but couldn't get it finished Saturday. We got up early Sunday to get the last of it in and hit the road.

One last walk up to Samford to run around

4th of July before heading off to spend the day with grandparents so we could get serious about the packing

The giant truck about to roll out

We could not have done any of it without the help of our parents. Michael's parents towed one of our cars and left early. Michael and Kai rode in the big truck and then the little two and I left last. We didn't arrive until dark and got as much in as we could before we crashed. I wish I'd taken a picture of the apartment that night. There was stuff piled up everywhere. Then to begin the task of settling in...

No comments: