Hello little blog world. So, I'm really just documenting this for myself. I know there are a handful of you out there that will read all this but I've begun printing our blog history into books and I don't want it to end with Tate's arrival. Plus now that we are away from all of our family, it'll be a fun way for them to see what we are up to. As things are winding down with school for this year, I'm ready to get caught back up! So here we go…
I last left you with our Spring Break trip (March 2014) with the Armstrong crew. Here's the happenings for the remainder of the Spring up until Tate's arrival in mid-May. A busy turning point in our little family's life!
April began with a bang as all four of us plus my parents came down with a wretched stomach bug. Penelope went down first on a Friday night and was not herself for several days. It hit Michael and I on the following Tuesday, then my parents on Thursday and Kai on Friday. A long week that I still remember all too well. But we survived it! Kai did have to miss his class campout at school and that was so sad. We rented movies and bought the kids gifts and tried to keep everybody smiling.
 |
| Penelope and her books |
 |
| Helping Mommy with heavy tubs that I did not need to be lifting and moving on my own |
Easter weekend, was just me and Penelope left at home. Michael and Kai went to a cousin's wedding in Louisiana and my doctor was not comfortable with me traveling that far so late in my pregnancy. I enjoyed the time with her knowing that so much was going to change with Tate's arrival so soon.
 |
| Playing with her baby doll |
 |
| Easter 2014 |
 |
| Easter 2014 (at the Pennington wedding) |
 |
| April 2014 |
We had some work done on my car, went to several friend's birthday parties, bought more maternity clothes knowing I'd need them thru the summer, and celebrated We Love Homewood Day at the beginning of May. May finally came!! Wrapping up bible study semester (with the group welcoming 6 new babies in the course of a couple months), finishing Kindergarten (sniff!), closing out my working at the day school at Dawson, welcoming Tate and settling in to our low key summer…
 |
| Being silly in the car one morning before going in to her class |
 |
| Buddies |
 |
| My lovely cankles |
 |
| Playing in Mommy's classroom waiting for her's to open |
May 6th Michael found a job opening in Savannah, GA that looked interesting and he submitted his resume. May 7th he got a call asking him to come interview on the 8th. He left late on the 7th and drove into the night. He interviewed on the 8th and hung around to kinda check out the area and then drove home on the 9th. We kinda brushed off the job. Prayed as we always did that God would open or close doors to help us make the right decision. He'd been on other interviews over several years and we'd just gotten used to things not working out the way we wanted I guess.
 |
| Daddy's cookie cakes still getting it done! |
 |
| Party kids |
 |
| One last family pic of our family of four |
We had Kai's 6th birthday party on the 10th figuring it'd be better to do it with me 1500 months pregnant versus a few days post op with a newborn. I assure you we did not plan on the boys birthdays being so very close together. We had another friend birthday party, I finished my last days at the day school, and we went to Kai's kindergarten musical at school. We had a fantastic first year of school and were so excited about the future at Shades Cahaba. I was super weepy being hormonally challenged in my last days pregnant and my 1st baby wrapping up his Kindergarten year. I went to help clean out my classroom on the 14th and while I was there got a voicemail from Michael that he'd gotten a call back from his interview. They offered him the job. A job we'd been praying and searching for, for years. They wanted an answer the next day. No biggie. Just preparing ourselves to add a third child to our family, major surgery for me as Tate was scheduled to arrive via c-section in the wee hours of May 15th, trying to juggle the other two kids spending several days with grandparents while we were in the hospital, figuring out making sure Kai's last days of school were successful. What a whirlwind. I will never forget those couple of weeks I don't think. Our lives were completely changing all at once. And we were so so EXCITED!
 |
| Smiley Kai right in the middle. I really did cry during their cute little performance. |
 |
| I looked the part, ready to pop the night before my c-section. |
To be continued...
No comments:
Post a Comment