


So the guys made the trip from Birmingham to El Paso in a little under 20 hours. Whew. They did their preparation and then crossed the border Monday morning. I talked to Michael again last night and they had made great progress yesterday. The pictures are of the current house the family is living in, the site of the new house at 9:30 am and then again at 4:00 pm on Monday. Wow, they worked hard! They had had a great dinner at a local restaurant in Juarez across the street from the church where they are staying. (If you want to know more about this ministry you can visit their website www.casasporcristo.org.) Kai and I are hanging in there. He is really doing great. Napping much better these days. I partially give that credit to his "new" mobile. I found a great mobile that matches his room for $6 at a consignment sale this past weekend and he LOVES it. For all you moms, moms to be, and grandmothers - you are missing out big time if you have never been to one of these sales! It was my first and I was blown away at the mass of clothes and bedding and toys and baby equipment in general in such good condition and such good prices! I'm hooked! I am short on pictures of Kai to post this week because Michael took the camera with him but we'll get some new ones up next week.
1 comment:
great job in Mexico! Shane is jealous as he has always wanted to drive there! crazy!
I too rec the sales! we go 2xs a year: spring and fall and spend $50 per child and we're good to go until the next season! I'm headed to my sale this weekend! Hope all is well...love yall
Post a Comment