At Nana and D.D.'s house on our way to drop Michael off for his trip (Aug 29)
Last Friday Kai learned to roll over both directions. I had put him on his back and found him like this. (Sept 7)
Then while I was taking his picture he rolled back onto his back!
This is still the morning of the 7th before church. He is doing great trying to hold himself upright. (He is leaning on Michael here.)
Playing on the floor mat tonight. Mommy's eyes.
He loves to play with his hands and grabs hold of things very well, not to exclude my hair sometimes. Ouch!
Such a happy baby.
Holding on to his rattle. He tries to put it in his mouth and will shake it but I'm not sure he knows what he's doing because the noise seems to startle him even though he's making it himself.
I usually get lots of smiles on the changing table. And all kinds of talking and laughing too.
Well Michael made it home safely the end of last week and we were so glad to have him back!! He had a great trip and I am trying to get him to "blog" about it. David (the pastor at our church) started a challenging series last Sunday about how our lives should be radically different if we actually believe what the gospels teach us about Jesus and his disciples. I have been so conscious of our "stuff" this week and the things we spend our time and money on. Looking forward to continuing to be challenged with this message series this weekend as we dig further into it. You can listen to the sermons on the church website (www.brookhills.org).
Kai is doing great. He enjoyed his first Auburn game (on TV) last Saturday. Everywhere I go people tell me what a good baby he is. He does wonderful in the nursery at church every Sunday. I am serving in a preschool class just a little bit older than him and we are going to the service at night. So he gets his fill of strangers on Sundays. I do not look forward to him crying when we leave him because it is so easy right now. He eats and sleeps great. He has his four month check up and shots next week so we'll see how big he is and I guess maybe get some advice on adding other food soon. Keeping the babies Sunday mornings has been fun knowing that the things they are doing, Kai will be doing soon.
Looking forward to the weekend and hoping to get some work done on the house. Michael leaves us again for part of next week to go on a trip for work to Denver.
1 comment:
I can't believe how much he is growing and all he's doing now!! LOVE all the pics! I'm glad you've got Michael home at least for a litte while. Can't wait to hear and see more of all of you!
Post a Comment