Sunday, January 10, 2010

Week One was a success!

Kai on his second day of school (mommy was too rushed the first day). He was saying please about a cup or a snack. Best shot I got of him. We are still getting used to getting up early!


We survived our first week of daycare! Kai did fantastic according to his teachers. He's still a little hard to leave because he grabs a hold of me and fusses, but as soon as I'm out of sight he calms down. And what a joy he is to pick up! He yells "Mama!" and comes running and then immediately turns around and tells whoever will listen "Bye-bye".

He seems to be learning new words all the time and we are doing our best to figure out the things he comes home saying. We are leaning a lot on his pacifier and his lovey ("Spot") but I'm trying to let those things slide while he adjusts to so much newness. I figure if they bring him comfort for now, we can deal with breaking the habit later.

We have had some CRAZY cold weather this past week and are looking forward to a bit of a warm up this coming week. Kai and I had a "snow day" last Thursday in which we saw very little snow but enjoyed a fun day at home together. We've had a great start to our new year including beginning to read through the entire Bible. (Our whole church is doing it together. You can read more about it at radicalexperiment.org.) Into week two!

Kai enjoyed his books on our snow day...all of them!

Even a little Bible reading. And he found a new reading spot, the bottom shelf of the bookcase of course. Ha!


2 comments:

HB said...

YAY!!! Thanks for the invite. I've missed reading and seeing little Kai. SOOOO glad things are going so well. I tried to send you a message last night, but my phone was being CRAZY, so I'm not sure if you got it or not. I was just curious and had been worried about daycare for you guys and was just checking in to see how it was. SO glad things are going well. There really, I honestly don't think, is a better feeling that RUNNING in that daycare (b/c I run in every day I get so excited to see EB) and having them run to you, elated that you are there. LOVE THAT! Makes everything bad (or good) about the day just fade away!

The Baughers said...

So glad Kai had a great first week!! I've been thinking/praying for him and you too! :) Cute pictures!!