Friday, July 24, 2015

Summer Fun - part one

I wanted to be very intentional about our fun this summer and make a big plan for all the things we would do with some elaborate schedule. Well, that's not how it went down this year, but we've definitely had our share of summer fun and laziness, a good blend I think. When we got over our colds after returning from Birmingham, we got down to business. Kai got his final report card and did even better than we realized in his final semester of first grade. Such proud parents we are.

Running thru the fountains in Ellis Square

Penelope playing independently lining up her toys in the window sill

Tate getting into whatever he's NOT supposed to

Silliness with a hat

"Batman Girl"

Left alone with markers, she decided to go for some tattoo practice

We got all set up for the summer reading program at the library and have all enjoyed our visits to check out new books. I joined up with some ladies for a Thursday morning bible study at a friend's house for the summer which we have also all enjoyed. The kids played with friends under a sitter's watchful eye while I got to spend some time with mommy friends and grow and share with them as we studied together. We've been to the park, the pool, and the beach plenty in the hideous heat. I'd planned to go more but it has just been so very hot and the kids have fun just playing at home most days so why subject ourselves to the heat more than we have to right? We've had friends over to play. Michael and I got a night out for the Casting Crowns concert. The boys had their 1 and 7 year check ups with good reports. We went and had lunch with Michael one afternoon. Kai got to go to Vacation Bible School one week (and LOVED it). We visited a local nature center and saw some creatures in an aquarium and did a little walking in some crazy heat. Kai and I went to his friend Emilly's birthday party.

Certificate for his first 10 books he read

Big kids wanted to join Tate in the crib after his nap one day…why not?

Miss Penelope loves some dress up shoes

Happy Father's Day!!

Talkin on his phone in the car

Following a drawing tutorial on a VeggieTales video

We ventured to the zoo to meet up with some Baughers and took a quick weekend trip up to Beaufort to see some Armstrongs and do a little exploring. It was a full month and I've really enjoyed the time with the kids. I look forward to the routine school will bring back to us, but we are going to keep soaking up our freedom while we can!

Baby boy curls :)

Cousins with Nonie and Dagan on the Jacksonville Zoo train

Beaufort water front with Nanna and DD

The end of a lovely Monday at the beach on Tybee with friends

No comments: