Seriously, the time goes by too quickly to keep up! Penelope had her two month checkup in October. She is doing well and growing just like she should be. 10 lbs 1 oz and 22 1/4 inches long. She adapts fairly well to doing whatever we have going on. I am getting better at anticipating her needs and balancing caring for both kids while trying to take care of myself and keep the house in order. It really is more challenging than I expected it to be!
 |
| Kai in the Veggie Tales forest at the zoo (set up for "Boo at the Zoo" but we were there during the day) |
 |
| Penelope's first trip to the zoo :) |
 |
| Looking suspiciously at me after I propped her up on the couch beside me |
 |
| Ready to go for a walk! (Something I need to find time to do again!) |
Penelope learned how to drink from a bottle in October too which has been nice to be able to leave her for longer stretches for Bible Study or just going to the grocery store. We chose the coldest day so far to visit the Pumpkin Patch. We bundled up and braved it and it was fun. It was Penelope's first time really out in the cold though and she was not a fan. I'm pretty sure we ruined some people's pumpkin selection experience with all the screaming. Kai finished up his soccer season too and it has been nice to have our Saturday mornings back to just be lazy!
Kai had a lot of fun Trick or Treating with friends. He really enjoys any time he has playing with other kids. I would love to do more things with other moms so that he has that chance. We are just still finding that groove.
 |
| 3 months old (and not happy with my picture taking on this day) |
I spent much of the month of November fighting a cough. I was in my friend Lorelle's wedding and Michael got to keep the kids a lot that weekend. Being away from Penelope for longer periods helped me find a little more rhythm in her feeding schedule. We moved to more regular feeding times. Roughly 7, 10, 1, 4, 7, 10. My mom and I took the kids over to Georgia for a couple of days to visit my grandmother. It was fun and I'm so grateful she got to meet Penelope. They had several staring contests as they acquainted themselves with each other.
 |
| Smiling at daddy after a bath |
 |
| Catching him off guard |
 |
| What he does when he knows he is in the picture |
As November moved along we started shifting to 5 feedings a day for Penelope as we had some weeks at home to work on it. Kai continues to play so well by himself. He does enjoy watching TV and I found I needed to be more selective about what he was watching as far as the way the characters talk to and treat each other. I can tell a difference in his attitude throughout the day when I spend more time playing with him and when we have more of a scheduled day. It helps him to know what to expect next. We also put away the pack n play for Penelope's sleeping. Sometimes we put her down in the swing in the living room if we need to be in the bedroom or if she's fussy and Kai is trying to sleep.
 |
| Studying her hands |
 |
| Caught a big smile! (Even if at an unflattering angle) |
Thanksgiving was fast approaching!!
No comments:
Post a Comment