I really have dreaded the summer knowing how pregnant I would be, but honestly, it hasn't been THAT bad. I do try to stay inside, but the days of really unbearable heat have been limited and I have been so very grateful.
 |
| Kai after drinking what was left of his chocolate ice cream. The cup left a chocolate ring on his face. This is at Hamburger Heaven. One of our favorite places to eat. |
We went to our first and only Free Friday Flicks at Homewood Park on June 1st. It was fun but it was COLD! We took blankets, but we still left early. It was a late night for our little man too. Maybe we'll make it out for more of them next year. Late nights were not high on my pregnant priority list either. This little girl was a very high maintenance pregnancy.
Kai had his 4 year old check up. He is still a healthy boy. He was 38 lbs and 40 1/2 inches. I don't remember the percentiles, but he has been consistently around the 50% mark.
Kai took swimming lessons at the YMCA again this summer. He LOVED it at first but by the end was dreading going and had a hard time doing what they asked of him. His main battle is holding his breath. He kept sucking water in making him hate being in the water. Hopefully we can remedy that issue and get him in the water more often to help him get more comfortable.
 |
| Waiting for his lesson to start |
We road tripped to Nashville in mid-June for my cousins wedding. It was fun to get out of town even though a very brief trip. We enjoyed the time with family and Kai just soaked up all the experiences. He got his groove on at the reception too. That is always a treat to watch. ;)
We went to a big brother class at the hospital to help prepare Kai for some things he'd need to know about having a baby in the house. He was quite disinterested in the pretend babies and just wanted to jump on the couch in the birth suites. Oh, well. Just hoping he will be gentle with Penelope when she is actually here. I really think he's going to be an awesome big brother.
 |
| Front and center for the "big brother" book reading. This was the only part of the class he really participated in. |
We got to go to two birthday parties for friends of Kai. One was at the railroad museum and the other at Treetop Family Adventure. He loved them both and I enjoyed seeing him have fun with his friends. This boy is full of life and kept me busy!
 |
| Resting up for all the fun. All the stuffed animals! |
 |
| Getting ready to board the train for our ride through Shelby County. |
In early July we moved! Exhausting. It was so hard to not be able to help much. And we had the hottest weather of the summer during this weekend. Our house has been on the market for over a year and we decided to go ahead and transition in time to get settled before Penelope's arrival. Kai was sick for a week right after we moved which also wore us out. We were ready for Penelope to get here but glad she wasn't here just yet.
 |
| Kai and Michael putting together the crib for Penelope and toddler bed for Kai for the room they will share. |
 |
| Kai and Noelle. We got to visit with our friends, the Steeles, for breakfast while they were on vacation and came through Birmingham. |
We celebrated lots of family birthdays!
Winding down my time at my job was hard. I found myself just wanting to sleep all the time! My friends at work organized a going away lunch for me and it was really nice to be appreciated and have a fun lunch out with these folks I have worked with for the last (almost) two years. Things were busy and I hung in there and kept up as best I could. Every afternoon walking through the parking lot to my car I really thought I would go into labor. Whew.
 |
| Kai "hunting and camping" in our living room one weekend while I rested my very pregnant self on the couch in the air conditioning. |
 |
| Kai in his new room. I still have to check on him every night before I go to bed. I can't believe how big he is! |
August is right around the corner!!
No comments:
Post a Comment