Sunday, August 19, 2012

Kai turns 4!! (and the rest of May)

Kai has been talking about his birthday since we put away our Christmas decorations. He began with requests of things he wanted that he did not receive for Christmas. Initially, he would say they were things he wanted next Christmas. We were able to convince him that his birthday would come before next Christmas and so he began planning his birthday.

He REALLY wanted to have his party at Disney World, but settled for having it at the rec center at Dawson like last year. We let him pick the theme and help us select plates and cups and decorations. He got excited when we sent out the invitations and had a hard time remembering how long it would be until his actual party. He was also confused by the fact that Friday was his actual birthday, but his party was not until Saturday.

It was a fun day and here are the pictures to prove it! (Including some others from May to help me catch up.)
"Muffins for Moms" at Kai's school for Mother's Day
I slept on the couch for awhile during my pregnancy.  I also slept later than usual. Kai would wake up in the mornings and come sit with me. I'd open the curtain and let the morning light in. I won't forget these quiet moments with him.
Birthday Boy! This was on his real birthday morning. After asking me to sing to him I wanted to take his picture and he told me he wanted to make it a silly one. I love this boy!
Helping daddy make his Batman cookie cake and being silly again.
Cookie dough approval
Batman! (with a Spiderman shirt...)
Opening presents at his party. So many sweet friends and family came out to join us for the celebration.
Steel City Pops on the night after his party. Such a melty mess, but so delicious.
Legos! This was his first set that he got for his birthday. He got hooked and we have added many more since then.
Helping daddy with the yard work.
Looking so very grown up playing on his Kindle Fire that he got for his birthday. He knows better how to use it than I do. So much like his daddy.

No comments: