Tuesday, February 17, 2009

29 and 9 months

Standing in the crib. His teeth apparently help him stay up because he does this on the ottoman and couches too as he's standing up.

This is the rehabed toy box that was ours growing up (thanks Dagan!). It holds all the toys very nicely and is heavy enough for Kai to pull up on. He goes after whatever toys we have not pulled out for him. And of course bites the sides as he pulls up.

Sweet smile showing off those bottom teeth.

We had some beautiful weather for a couple of days and were able to get out some. I think Kai will love playing outside when he starts walking and it gets warmer.

Reading his new Elmo book (from DD and Nana, Happy Valentine's!) with his sweet cousin Julia Claire on Friday night.

We have been so busy but productive despite still fighting colds. Michael some how has managed to stay well this go around.

Kai pulls up constantly on anything he can reach. I think I am getting better at not feeling like I always have to be right behind him. He also now has his two top teeth to match the two bottom ones. You can't really see them often, but they are in and the next two on top are starting to show themselves as well. And something I find sort of strange, all toys go straight to his mouth, but he will not pick up food and put it in his mouth. So we are still sticking to baby food on a spoon at this point.

I turned 29 last Thursday and had a great birthday despite being sick. We celebrated with my parents the weekend before and with the Armstrong family this past Friday night. I love nothing more than spending time with family so it was perfect! We had a low key Valentine's Day too at home. My sweet husband brought me flowers and cooked dinner.

Tomorrow Kai will be 9 months old and he goes for his checkup and shots. I'll update with his stats afterward. We went to the Birmingham Botanical Gardens last Sunday afternoon. Michael was taking pictures of the plants and flowers and Kai and I enjoyed a stroll. We talked about going back with him tomorrow to get some pics of him, but it is supposed to rain. Boo. Michael does plan to take his one year pictures there though so that's something to look forward to! Do check out Michael's photography blog (see link to the right) and let him know if you are interested in him photographing something for you!


5 comments:

Lorelle said...

I couldn't find the link to his blog... where is it??

and try cheerios.. most every baby's first food is cheerios. I've never known a baby to not like cheerios.

The Armstrongs said...

Sorry. It is 268 Photography on my list of blogs. I gave Kai some cut up banana several weeks ago. He loves the baby food banana, but would not pick up the pieces and put them in his mouth and if I put it in there he gagged on it. I'm afraid he'll choke on cheerios. I thought at least the banana was slippery enough to move it's way on down his throat. I figure when he's ready to eat more he'll figure out how to put the stuff in his mouth.

The Baughers said...

great post Hannah! I know I say it every time, but Kai is just growing up so fast! He's such a cutie! Glad you had a great b-day! and don't worry about the food thing...it'll come...and I guess Lorelle hasn't met our girls-neither one likes Cheerios! :)

The Baughers said...

oh and I checked out Michael's blog-looks great-very exciting!

Ginny said...

Wow. I didn't know Michael was in to photography. His pictures are beautiful!