Saturday, January 31, 2009

Busy week

Well Kai is completely crawling now. I don't put him on the floor often. If you've been to my house you'd know why. Even in his "clean" space, he plays for a bit and then wants to be picked back up. I enjoy visiting other people so that he can crawl in their houses. =) If you have kids or plan to have kids, don't adopt dogs that shed like it is going out of style. The dogs did have a bath last Saturday thanks to my wonderful husband. It may help slightly with the shedding, but mostly it is nice because they don't stink! 

On Tuesday, very early in the morning, Kai and I packed ourselves up and left with my mom for Watkinsville again. My grandfather had broken his hip and was to have surgery on Tuesday. I know all surgery has it's risks but this seemed particularly scary because of his age and the fact that he has leukemia. My grandmother has also been having trouble with her foot and has not been able to walk. It was so great to be able to be with them for a couple of days. The surgery went very well and Grandaddy Bill has been able to get up and walk to the door of his room at the hospital. Granny Jean had an X-ray done and they did find a break in her leg so she will be able to have that fixed as well. They are fighters for sure. Neither one of them lets any physical ailment get them down. They are such an encouragement to me and I am so blessed to have them in my life and to have been able to drop everything here and go to see them this past week. Love you both!

The traveling was apparently not the best thing for Kai and I's sinuses because we both managed to make it home with a cold. It has run its course fairly quickly and we are both feeling much better today. Kai has been pulling up to his knees and with a little help could get to his feet. He will occasionally take a step while holding on to our hands. Yesterday morning when I went in to get him I was greeted by a face peeking over the rail of the crib. He had finally pulled himself all the way up. It is all over now, right? I would have taken a picture of this moment, but the camera was out in the woods with the Hunter Dad. Hunting season ends today and we will be glad to have daddy back on the weekends. =) Kai also pulled up on the ottoman in the living room yesterday afternoon. Even with a stuffy nose, this kid is a blast. We do have a good time when he's awake.

Still working on those videos. I do not know how to do it so I have to enlist Michael's help. Maybe this week...

4 comments:

brittany said...

i am glad to know that i am not the only one with a floor covered in unsightly dog hair! gabe's little feet are always dirty, no matter how much cleaning i do.

The Baughers said...

Yeah for the update! Can't wait to see video of Kai crawling and can't believe he's pulling up some-he's growing up too fast!! Also so glad ya'll were able to go be with B & J for a couple of days!

Anonymous said...

touche. . .

The McBs said...

praying for your family! I know that traveling is hard...and caring for grandparents is hard too. we love you!