A trip to remember! The Armstrong 14 take on Disney World! I decided after I started writing this that I better break it into several posts b/c there were just lots of details I wanted to remember.
We left Birmingham on Thursday morning and drove until almost bedtime to get to Ocala to spend the night. Friday morning we were up early to eat breakfast and drive the rest of the way to our home for the week at Disney's Port Orleans Riverside resort. We were too early to check in, so we got out our park gear, put on sunscreen and found the bus stop to the Magic Kingdom. Here goes nothing!
We left Birmingham on Thursday morning and drove until almost bedtime to get to Ocala to spend the night. Friday morning we were up early to eat breakfast and drive the rest of the way to our home for the week at Disney's Port Orleans Riverside resort. We were too early to check in, so we got out our park gear, put on sunscreen and found the bus stop to the Magic Kingdom. Here goes nothing!
It took us meal-plan-first-timers a couple of days to get the hang of that deal. I hunted for lunch, or atleast a snack, for myself and the little two while Kai went to ride the Thunder Mountain Railroad with Michael and Aunt Leigh. The rest of our crew stopped to ride the Pirates ride, but Kai had set his sights on a roller coaster and we went with it. He did really well riding everything for the most part, but I'm not sure if we went again tomorrow if he'd get back on all of them. Now the rest of the crew desperately needed food so we went to hunt down a place to sit inside and eat. On our way, Penelope and Aunt Leigh stopped to meet Merida. Not knowing how Penelope would do with the characters, this was our first test.
She LOVED it! Next up was the Buzz Lightyear ride and then meeting Buzz. All the kids seemed to be excited about that. We even got Tate saying "Buzz".
We also did the Tomorrowland Speedway and the Winnie the Pooh ride and Dumbo before sitting down to an amazing dinner.
![]() |
| We had to split up our reservation for this meal and Tate got to have a date with Aunt Leigh. |
We wrapped up the day finally finding Minnie (who Penelope HAD to see) and Daisy and then Kai and I rode Pirates and we all headed back to the resort to get the car unloaded and get a little sleep before an early start to Day Two!









No comments:
Post a Comment