Friday, November 13, 2015

October!

The busyness continues. Here's what we've been up to!


Michael took our nephew Brooks fishing and sent me this beautiful picture. They didn't catch anything but I think it was still a fun morning!

The crib bumper still serves the purpose of keeping the pacifier in the bed during the night, but other than that, the poor thing is taking a beating. I am most grateful that this stinker is not trying to climb out of his crib.

Bedtime snuggles early in the month

Kai's teacher organized a family hike one Sunday afternoon. I took just Kai and Penelope. It was a great day for it and a nice little trail I wasn't familiar with. I think this has been a highlight for Kai for this school year.


The next Sunday was the Owl Prowl which is a race they do at the school. Kai was really excited to participate again like in Kindergarten, but tired out before he finished the race and I had to join him to get him to the finish line.

Sweetness at the Botanical Gardens after school

Armstrong kiddos in the flowers

I thought Penelope was a mess-maker. Tate is her partner in crime. They are very talented at pulling out ALL of the toys. I really enjoy when they play independently though. Its fun to watch even if it means having to clean up later.

My early riser. She slows me down almost every morning while I'm trying to get ready for work. She wants hugs and kisses. Does NOT want to go potty. And demands I get her some "breakstest". (Cheese was the request this particular morning.) I'm learning to slow down and appreciate these brief moments because I miss them so much during the day!

Fall hike at Red Mountain Park. I could have stayed out there all day long.

These three are always ready for whatever adventure we come up with.

Soaking up their personalities and the time to just enjoy being all together as a family.

We have realized that outdoors and away from the crowds is our favorite way to spend time together. Miss being able to do that on Tybee Island whenever we want!

Got to dress up for school as "what I want to be when I grow up". He chose "an adventurer". Daddy's creativity and resources to the rescue!

Happy Halloween!!
(Michael's creativity at work again here. I love how our Star Wars theme turned out. And they managed to get enough candy before it started pouring down rain.)

No comments: