Sunday, September 8, 2013

School Days

Kai's Kindergarten year is off to a great start! He really seems to enjoy it and is usually willing to tell us all about his days.

Getting in the car at home. Tote bag and nap mat packed up and ready.

The night before, he and I talked a bit about what he was expecting and how he felt about it. He claimed he was happy, sad, and scared (all three of the choices given to him on the day they met the teacher). All I have ever seen in him is excitement.

The first bell rang just before this and he started crying because he didn't
want to stop to take a picture and not get to his class on time. =)

I walked him in the first day. He was impatient with my pictures because he just had to get to his class! I wasn't sure if I would cry leaving my baby. I have had some reservations about him being big enough to handle himself all day without the atmosphere of a day care. I really thought he might flip out when I left him and that would make me cry. Instead I was left fighting for one more hug and then reluctantly walking out of the room. He didn't even look up at me. He was so very ready. I'm so proud. And the tears tried to fall at that moment, but I was able to contain myself. What a big day for our big man.

Beside his desk with Miss Haywood

Aren't you gone yet mom?

The second day he did not want me to walk him in. He hopped out of the car in front of the school and off he went. He's excited to see me when I pick him up in the afternoons and usually offers details about his day pretty easily. The first day he apparently didn't go to the bathroom all day long. I think he was afraid he'd miss out on something. We are certainly praying this is the beginning of a love of learning/school and that he will be a blessing to those around him.

Penelope waiting in the carpool line with me. She says "HEY!" when Kai gets in the car.

Saturday after the first week we had a pool day so we could all just relax a bit.
Kai loves outside and his sister seems to follow in those footsteps.

And just like that, our lives have taken on a new course in a way. We've adjusted well all around. So grateful for this life we are given. Even the days Kai comes home so tired he is hard to be around. Time marches on.


1 comment:

ejlynn said...

So very cute are your sweet little ones! Love having Penelope in my class, she is so sweet. She laughs when I ask her about Kai!