Friday, June 17, 2011

3

Kai had a wonderful 3rd birthday. Some things to know about our little man. He loves anything "Cars" or "Toy Story". He's finally starting to get the hang of the potty, Hallelujah. He prefers showers to baths now and asks to have his hair blow dried instead of towel dried. (He has always been terrified of the blow dryer.) We retired the high chair and his bibs. And thanks to a rearrangement of our house, he is now sleeping in a full size bed. He speaks in full, complex sentences and forgets NOTHING. He can be really wild sometimes and really funny. He is definitely independent and stubborn like his daddy. =) At his checkup he weighed in at 27 lbs 10 oz (10th %ile), and was 37.25 in tall (50th %ile). Here are some pictures from the birthday party and then from his actual birthday afternoon.

The happy birthday boy at his party

The Armstrong cousins and mommas

Loving all the attention and presents

Another joyful smile. He had such a great time!

Scooter-ing at Railroad Park downtown B'ham.
This was momma and daddy's gift to Kai and I took off early on his birthday
so we could give it to him and go to the park to ride it on his special day.

Running with his "scrissbee" (frisbee)

I adore this picture of my boys. They adore each other and it shows.

This is my photographic genius of the day

We went out to dinner and then for yogurt. Kai kept telling people it was his birthday.

We did our best to spoil him.
Happy 3 years!!


5 comments:

Tawnya said...

Awww...Happy 3rd Birthday Kai!! He looks like he had a perfect birthday celebration!!

The Baughers said...

Precious!!! So sad we couldn't be there to celebrate. I love all the pics and yes, the one of the two boys in your life is adorable!! And I can't believe he's old/big enough to be riding a scooter!!! So cute!

ejlynn said...

Hope this doesn't post twice, dummy blogger page said service unavailable!! Where has the time gone? I can't believe Kai is three!!Your family is precious!!

Anonymous said...

Yaaaay! Kai.

HB said...

He's SO handsome and I love ALL of these pics!