Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Writer's Block

Well, it has been a slow blogging month! We have stayed mostly well, with only one little fever virus stuck in there that had Kai in sickly sleepy mode for one day. He's got one killer immune system. I have just not found the time to get on the blog and write anything! I blamed it on Michael for awhile because I didn't have any new pictures to share, but these I am sharing I have had from him for a week or so now.

So let's catch up! I don't know if any of my other blogging buddies do this, but when it has been awhile since I've written anything, I go back to my calendar to see what I can write about (maybe this is why the posts are so boring?? I should work on that...) Well, in looking back through March and April, there was not a ton of super exciting events! Lots of eating, laundry, baths, and fun with family. We did eliminate TV from our lives....somewhat. We dropped our cable at the beginning of March, so no live TV for us anymore. We have watched some shows online and checked out some shows and movies from the library so we still have some quality time with the old "tube", but it is different from what it used to be. I am most grateful for the money we are saving and also for the time I have freed up (SOME nights) to do other things around the house to keep up with day to day life. We became Sam's Club members to save on some of the items we can buy in bulk along with gas for the cars, and have enjoyed our Sam's experience greatly thus far. (If you are ever looking for a cheap dinner...you should eat at Sam's! Nothing gourmet, but good food fast for cheap is just what we are seeking sometimes!) I've also hit several consignment sales since we last met and scored a couple of fun freebies! We are really enjoying being able to play outside in the afternoons when we get home. This has been the nicest Spring we've had in awhile that I can remember and we are soaking it up. Kai looks forward to a little bit warmer weather so that we can break the pool out. Last weekend we went to GA to visit my grandmother ("Gram" to Kai) and had a very fun weekend being away and spending time with her. We are settled back in our routines once again this week and I'm hoping to get some more pictures of the big man soon because we have been slacking once again! Here's what I've got to share. Hopefully it will not be so long before we meet again blog friends.

A quick trip out to the hunting club one weekend to drop off some materials. Kai didn't care much about running around in the open fields or the bumpy ride in the truck, but he adored the shooting houses and did not want to leave after getting inside.

This was Easter Sunday on the way to church. Kai was still working on his breakfast in the car so we left his bib on. He was talking away on "his" cell phone and wearing the adorable bunny ears he made at school earlier in the week. I couldn't get enough of him wearing them. He is still enjoying school and doing well even with the setback the past couple of weeks of crying when I drop him off in the mornings again. (I don't think I ever posted on here about ditching the paci. Well, we have been paci-free in our house for several weeks now!)

Kai and daddy on Easter Sunday at Nana and DD's house for lunch with the whole Armstrong gang. A very fun day.

A close up before naptime, he was wearing down. This outfit was made for Michael when he was two and his mom saved it for us! I had fun seeing him all dressed up for the half day he wore it. =)

Trying to get a cute "little cousins" picture, but everybody was pretty tired and Kai would NOT let go of cousin Brooks' football for pictures. Lillie was very sweet and patient with him. I do think they will be buddies as they get a little older.

Hunting Eggs!

More to come. Promise it will not be another month before posting again!

3 comments:

HB said...

Missed you guys on here! I do understand though. Sometimes my brain is just null and void of what to say- my life is just THAT boring.

Anyway, loved the update. Loved the photos. LOVED that sweet Easter outfit. How special!!!

ejlynn said...

Kai is so handsome! Really like the ears, they were precious.

Tawnya said...

Great update! I love Michael's outfit Kai is wearing...how sweet!