Tuesday, February 16, 2010

February catch up

So I've definitely been a blog-slacker! The first week of February, Michael laid out a very adventurous dinner meal plan for us. Most of the dishes were very good, but we did find some stinkers too and in the end pooped out after Thursday and didn't finish the plan. We would all get home. I would play with Kai while Michael cooked and then he plays while I clean up. It is a pretty good system, but we just got worn out!

I found Kai one morning, while we were still getting ready, unloading his clean
laundry out of the basket in the living room. He can be quite mischievous.


Friday, the 5th, was Michael's last day with AT&T. He is now back working with us at Baugher Design & Remodel. It feels like things are back to "normal" for us to be back to where we began. So last week was kind of all about settling in to a new routine for us. Friday was my birthday and it was such a good day all around and spilled over into the weekend. We had planned a night out without Kai on Friday, but the snow had other plans. We left work early as the snow had been coming down since 10am. We picked Kai up, stopped by the store to pick up some items for dinner at home, and got home to play in the 2+ inches of snow!!




Kai LOVED the snow. He liked to pick it up and throw it, especially at the dogs who would eat it out of the air. He also just enjoyed walking ALL OVER THE PLACE. He was not happy with us when we'd make him come in. We ended up making two trips out before starting dinner. I was treated to a delicious steak and mashed sweet potatoes. Yum! We also rented a couple of movies and enjoyed our quiet nights at home. We got one more snow play time in Saturday morning before it really began to melt. Michael did not feel well the remainder of the weekend, but Kai and I managed to stay well and enjoyed a birthday dinner at my parents house Saturday night. Sunday was Armstrong family time. We celebrated my birthday along with Valentine's Day and it is always fun to all be together.

Kai has gone on somewhat of a fast. He has not been eating like he normally does and refusing things he usually inhales. Very strange and frustrating. Not sure what the cause has been but he seemed to be coming back around today.

I am so grateful for my sweet family and friends and had a very memorable 30th birthday weekend. Writing that made me feel very old. Wow. It is supposed to be warmer this weekend and I'm really hoping to get outside with Kai whether just in our yard or to the zoo. The boy loves being outside, and it has been too stinking cold! Will keep you posted...

3 comments:

ejlynn said...

He is adorable!

bcowart said...

Hey! Just wanted to let you know Kai's change in his eating habits is totally normal. Lillian did the exact same thing. She would refuse to eat things she usually loves or would just graze instead of inhaling food. It's just another one those weird stages they go through.

Tawnya said...

Oh, I'm so jealous! You guys got so much snow!! So happy though Kai got to play in it!! He definitely looks like he loved it!