It is almost impossible to believe that Kai has been with us for an entire year already! He is still so much fun and I love to just hold him for a moment every night before laying him down because I know that those days will be gone so soon. Sniff sniff.
Anyway, here's the long awaited (by our two readers?) update. Mother's Day weekend was very busy. That Friday we had dinner with our friends the Steeles who were in town for the weekend from Memphis. Their daughter is just about a month older than Kai and it is fun to see them together. We had a yummy dinner at a restaurant near our house that we'd never been to. Kai had his first spaghetti which he LOVED and made an absolute mess with. =)

After dinner we made a visit to see the Cook family and sweet baby James. I got to hold him for about an hour and really enjoyed that. (Kai and Michael went home when we went to visit because it was time for Kai to go to bed.) Saturday we went for a lunch picnic at Homewood Park which was a part of the Dawson Chapel Choir Reunion weekend. We got to see some folks we haven't seen in a long time and the chance to show off Kai. It was quite hot but so much fun!
Sunday was Mother's Day and we had a late lunch with Nonie and Dagan to celebrate. I spoiled myself with the best dessert on earth - the Temple of Heaven at PF Chang's. MMM, I can still taste it.
On the 12th, I took a long lunch and we made our first trip to the Birmingham Zoo. Kai didn't really seem to get most of the animals, but had fun being outside and pointing at the trees and seeing lots of people. He really wanted to play in the fountain with all the kids while we ate lunch. Last Thursday I made a long awaited trip to the eye doctor to get a new contacts prescription. Yay! I was really tired of living behind my glasses 24/7 and am thrilled to have contacts back even thought it took away from my Kai time that night. I got to make up for it Saturday with some mommy and Kai time while Michael went to see Wolverine. I've been very nostalgic about my little baby growing up and how quickly it is going by! Here are some photos from earlier this month from a visit to the Botanical Gardens.

Walking!

Kai's suprised face, one of my favorite expressions he makes.
Sunday was the long awaited 1st birthday party for Kai. We had planned a fun outside party at a park in Homewood with all our family and small group from church and friends....the weather had a different plan in mind. So Sunday afternoon we had to call a Plan B at the last minute and shrink down our list to family only so that we could fit at the Armstrong's house (who were awesome to allow us at the last minute!). Despite the change of plans, we had a wonderful evening of celebrating our baby's first year. We took TONS of pictures, but I'll just post a few highlights! HAPPY BIRTHDAY KAI!





2 comments:
Sweet pictures!!! I love the one of the glazed over look! Can't believe Kai is already ONE!!! Glad he had a great bday and so glad we can see him in person this week!!
Did all my little changes on Saturday night in a few hours of "nothing going on"ness. Found the image online, and made the header, so I'm proud of it =) Finally got around to adding pics of those oft mentioned on the site, and then finally got around to adding you to my blogroll...
Post a Comment