Friday, December 5, 2008

Thanksgiving

This is Kai's preparation for the big holiday festivities. He LOVES the jumperoo and jumps until he wears himself completely out. Here is proof. He fell asleep and slept for about 45 minutes in it at the office one day last week.

Focus on the cute baby. Nana got these candy canes for the grandkids to hold for the picture. Kai liked eating his.

DD and Nana with their babies at the gate to the property.

The older grandkids. (Including Kai's only boy cousin.) They are getting so big!
Alice, Julia Claire, and Brooks

DD with Lillie.

Another setting for the group shot - the back porch swing. I'm sure all of you with kids can relate to trying to get all the little ones smiling and looking at the camera at the same time.

The final picture. I think Kai had had enough!

Kai's first ride on the four wheeler! And his first span of time wearing his new hat from Nonie. It is a little big and it doesn't seem to come with smiles.

And then this is at home the other day. The two teeth!

So I'm a little slow on the Thanksgiving pictures, but here they are. We had Thursday and Friday off which was SO nice. We traveled Thursday down to Alexander City to the camp/farm/hunting cabin with the Armstrong clan. They have lots of land and a double wide trailer mostly used for hunting purposes but has turned into a sort of country home and getaway for all of us. I always enjoy getting away from the city and spending some time down there. We rode four wheelers and played with all the kids and enjoyed a fantastic Thanksgiving meal together. Lots of eating and time spent outdoors. It just doesn't get much better than that! Kai and I did manage to come home Friday with the beginnings of a cold and have been fighting that all this week but are doing much better today. Michael came down with it yesterday unfortunately. Hopefully we will all be well again soon! Next stop....crawling...

4 comments:

Lorelle said...

Love the pictures!! (except the one of Kai on the 4-wheeler-- sorry, as a nurse I've seen way too many injuries on those things!)
But I love the other pictures. I can't believe he's got two teeth. He's getting so big!

The McBs said...

Yeah! teeth, crawling, before you know it he will be running around and pooping in his pants when you want him to poop elsewhere!

The Baughers said...

Oh my goodness, crawling! I know it's time, he just seems to be growing up too fast!! The pictures are great and it's fun to see all of the kids together and see how much they've grown!

The Cooks said...

I love the new pictures! The group shots were great! I'm so glad you got a picture of Kai sleeping in the jumparoo! Too funny!