Sunday, March 2, 2008

Welcome to our blog!!

Hi everyone. Thanks for visiting our new website. I'm new at this, so bear with me as I figure out how to do everything. Here's a quick recap of the last 6 months.

In August we met two new neices, one Baugher and one Armstrong, on the same day. We found out in September that we were expecting a baby of our own. I had several weeks where I did not feel great, but all in all the pregnancy has been pretty easy. It just takes some time to figure out the differences in how your body works when you are carrying someone around inside of you. And then when I think I have some kind of routine down, it changes. But for the most part I have really enjoyed being pregnant. We found out in December that it is a boy. His name will be Malakai Charles Armstrong and we will call him Kai. We went on a mission trip to Venezuela at the end of December and into the new year. It was an amazing trip, but quite difficult for me as I learned how pregnant Hannah works with foreign foods and high temperatures and flying. We enjoyed our time of service there and hope to go on other trips in the future. Kai thoroughly enjoyed his first international trip. It is so humbling to walk among people who are so grateful for everything they have no matter how little we may think it is.

We have been talking since we bought our house two years ago about doing some major renovations. The house was in great shape but needed some updating. With Kai on the way we thought we'd dive in and take care of some of those things. Nothing like working against a deadline. =) We moved in with my parents on my birthday (Feb. 12th) and are in full swing with the remodeling at our house now. The kitchen and bathroom have been gutted and will be replaced and we are having the hardwoods refinished and new paint throughout the house (minus the couple of rooms we had already painted). We are very excited about having everything finished and hopefully moving back in before Kai's arrival. Mom says she will not mind if we bring him home to live with her for awhile.

We still have both of our dogs and they have moved with us to mom and dad's (aka. Nonie & Dagan's house). It will be an adventure to see how they do with Kai. Hoping for the best. That's the update for now. 11 weeks left!! I will get Michael to help me post some pictures soon. Thanks for keeping up with us!

4 comments:

Ginny said...

Yay! I think I'm going to have to jump on the blog bandwagon. It's great to hear about you guys! I'm so excited for you and I remember last year when I had about two months left. I alternately dreaded and couldn't wait for Sofia's arrival. I can't wait to see some pics of your house. When you get done with yours, maybe you can come up here and finish ours!:) I'll check this site regularly and let you now when we get our own blog. Love ya! Ginny

The Cooks said...

I love it, I love it, I love it!!! Welcome to the blogging world. I've already put you in my favs!

Lorelle said...

Yay for your new blog!! Can't wait for pictures!!

HB said...

YAY!! I'm excited about your blog. Should I thank Sarah for the STRONG encouragement?? hee hee.

Well, I'll be tuning in regularly and also keeping you guys in my thoughts.

Holly