Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Life


Well, it is very suitable that my last post was from Thanksgiving because life has been a whirlwind since then! We found out we were expecting baby #2 in early December. Let the nausea commence. I'm just now really coming out of the "newly pregnant" fog and I feel like the last several months have just passed me by. Let's try to catch up shall we? I'm looking forward to perusing any pictures we've managed to take in this span of time myself. Here we go!

A chilly Kai at the Homewood Christmas Parade!!

We traveled to Watkinsville to Gram's house before Christmas and had a nice visit. We stayed in a hotel and had a very relaxing couple of days despite my need to sit and feel disgusting most of the time we were there. I love to see Kai interact with our extended family whenever we have that opportunity. Christmas Day was busy. We celebrated just the three of us at home when Kai got up. Then we went to Nonie and Dagan's for brunch and more presents and naps. Then the late afternoon/evening was spent at Nana and DD's house. I can honestly say, Kai loved all of his gifts and still seems to manage to play with everything. He even does pretty good remember who gave him what.

Our 10 minute drive from Gram's to the hotel. The boy was exhausted!!


Christmas morning at home

We decided to spend our long New Year's weekend down at "the camp". Michael would be able to hunt while I laid around and nibbled and Kai would be able to go on his first deer hunting excursion. It was a nice quiet get away but when you feel sick, there is just no place like home. Michael started having what we thought was a bad allergy attack while we were gone and it hung around for quite some time after we got home. And we remained sick well into January. Kai managed to get away with just some cold symptoms while Michael and I both had a week where we did nothing much but lay on the couch/bed while some kind of respiratory ailment.

The boys in the shooting house.

Grateful to put that particular illness behind us but the pregnancy ickiness was not letting go of me. Even on days when I was able to manage the nausea, I'd be so tired I didn't feel like doing ANYTHING. It has been a much different experience this time around which made us think we must be having a girl. And we found out last week...we were right!

Super Hero Kai for Wacky Wednesday during Dr. Suess week at school.


Kai and Daddy's special night out to watch the motorcycle tricksters! Oh, he could NOT settle down when they got home and was 'vrooming' all over the place!

Kai has been doing wonderfully in school and seems very excited about the new baby brother/sister, whom he fondly refers to as Gigi. We don't know where he came up with this name, but for now, it has stuck. (I started writing this before we found out what we were having.) He even came up with the name Chicago just in case it was a boy. What?? He has adjusted well since we actually gave HER a name and we will all call her Penelope. He enjoys writing his letters and talking about anything and everything.

A writing sample from Valentine's Day. When I told him he'd drawn enough lines on that first "e" he told me he just wasn't done with that one yet. His letters have even improved since February! This was really the first time we'd had him write something out for us. We were so proud!!

He still has some ugly three year old moments, but I think he will be a great big brother when the time finally comes. Our due date is August 15th, so we are halfway there!

Penelope Kate Armstrong (19 weeks)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

have you had him write a letter to Penelope?

side note: i had to help potty train a friends boy the other night, confirmed for me that girls are easier

ejlynn said...

May the Lord bless and keep your sweet family!! Can't wait to see Penelope Kate!!!