Thursday, October 6, 2011

More Summer

Here's some more of what we were up to this summer!

Kai went to his very first movie in the theater. The three of us went to see Cars 2 one Friday afternoon in July. He LOVED it and stayed engaged in it the whole way through. And of course after meeting new Cars characters, we had more "face cars" that needed to be added to the collection. (That's what he calls the cars that have eyes and names. He has quite the collection and knows all of their names.)

Kai took swimming lessons! I did not fool with the camera much because it was challenge enough to get him in the pool and doing what the instructor asked. But he did learn a lot and enjoys going swimming with his life vest on now (which he used to hate).

I got new glasses! None of you may care about that, but it was a pretty fun day for me. And now I don't get headaches on a regular basis by wearing dry contacts or glasses that are 7 years and 3 prescriptions old.

We enjoyed farmer's markets and picking blueberries for the first time. Kai ate the majority of what he picked. We did bring home a LOT of berries though and enjoyed them very much! (Especially in pie form thanks to Michael.)

Mickey woke up with house shoes on one morning. This cracked me up because we did not notice it until the next night. At some point after we'd put Kai to bed though, he decided that Mickey's feet were cold apparently.

Kai is on a photo strike. We realized we had very few pictures of him during one month, but this was all I could get out of him. He still does this more often than not when the camera comes out.

But occasionally he will ham it up so I don't lose my mind about not having any good pictures of him. We LOVE Chuy's. These were taken in front of the restaurant around the fountain which he likes to walk round and round and throw pennies in the water.


Kai's other favorite part about Chuy's...the push pop he gets with his meal...


To wrap up August, we took a trip to Six Flags for Michael's birthday (and I got sick and cut the day short unfortunately). I ran a couple of 5K races with some friends from work for a Health & Wellness team competition. We spent a Saturday on the lake with some friends which was wonderful, but we didn't take pictures that day either (Hey, Lorelle, can you email me those that you took?).

We spent time with both of our families celebrating birthdays. Kai and I took a day trip to visit Gram with my mom (and as a bonus got to see my aunt and cousin too!) Kai warms up to most anyone very quickly and loves to be the life of the party. Kai started in his new Sunday School class and gets to go to large group and sing songs and hear a bible story with the group instead of just in his class.

And we knocked out all kinds of doctor/dentist visits! We have avoided any major illnesses since January and have very much enjoyed that break. I'm not really looking forward to that part of the cooler weather, when everyone seems to get and stay sick. Or maybe just being more healthy and Kai not being in day care are the reasons for us avoiding illness for so long. Time will tell!

1 comment:

The Baughers said...

Yay for an update! You're good...i'm still trying to get through August, but hoping to be completely caught up before our visit! Kai is growing up too fast!! I love the pictures of him at Chuy's! Not sure what this place is, but maybe we'll have to check it out when we're in town. :)