Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Where did September go?!

Wow. The past month has seemed so long but gone so fast...I realize that doesn't make sense, but that is just the kinda month it has been!

Michael began coaching a 9yo girls soccer team and has really enjoyed that. He coached a boys team (a little younger) several years ago. We had some comfortable weather here and then it got hot again for awhile, but I believe fall is now here to stay until winter. Weather has been lovely the past few days. While Michael is at practice two afternoons as week, Kai and I have been enjoying some exercise taking walks with Nonie.

Early in the month we took a Saturday to work around our house with Kai in Nonie & Dagan's care. We got a good cleaning done and moved some furniture around and continued the process of pulling things out to have a yard sale. More on that later.

The second weekend we packed it up and headed to St. Augustine to visit my brother and his family for a few days. This was Kai's first time on an airplane which was highly anticipated and he did GREAT! We did not do such a good job of taking pictures on our trip b/c we were too busy playing and taking videos instead. It was such a nice and needed vacation and we did not want it to end! We also celebrated Chloe's 1st birthday while we were there. Maybe one day I will quit dwelling on how quickly time goes by? The kids all had such a good time playing together and we are ready for the next visit!

Our return home and back to reality brought with it a new chapter for our little family. The week we got back turned out to also be our last week at our jobs. It is a scary time to be out of work, but we knew that this was part of God's plan for us and have been focussing on that as much as possible. So we have spent the last two weeks at home job searching and interviewing and catching up on things around the house while we have this time. I did receive a job offer from Southern Company which I have accepted and am so excited to begin! I am still waiting to find out when I start, but look forward to what this new chapter has in store for all of us. We appreciate all the prayers we know have been prayed over us during this trying time and know that the Lord will continue provide for us and bless us as we seek to follow His Will.

This past Saturday we had a yard sale and we believe it was a big success!! We had fun gathering things that we did not need or use anymore and organizing it and spending the morning together talking to our visitors/neighbors and making some money. Sunday, we were able to spend the afternoon with Michael's family (most of them) to celebrate more birthdays and then Monday was all about getting rid of the rest of the things that didn't sell on Saturday to keep us decluttered.
Whew! That pretty much catches you up on what has been going on with us. I will try to update more regularly with some shorter posts that include pictures. Here are the few we took on our trip...

Watching the airplanes while we waited

Playing with his cars while we waited

Playing on the airplane

Cousins in the pool! Not a great shot with all the sun in their faces, but the only one I got!

Will post some video later!!


No comments: